What is Harbor Lights TV (HLTV)?
WNIT is proud to present Harbor Lights, a half-hour program created, produced, and hosted by Dawn Yarbrough that will feature positive stories about the interesting projects, people, places, and events of communities throughout Southwestern Michigan.
It's mission is to:
- Investigate the positive stories of our communities
- Inform our citizens about the myriad of existing opportunities
- Showcase the great things that happen when community members work together
- Highlight the cultural, family oriented activities, various sports and natural beauty found in the area
- Promote local agriculture and cuisine
- And much more!
What kind of stories will be on the show?
A few examples of Harbor Lights Stories:
- The Boys and Girls Club of Benton Harbor and the First Tee golf program where youth receive instructions and mentoring from local adult volunteers; They golf at the prestigious Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf course at Harbor Shore; many of the teens from this program are employed at the golf club and are often called to play with adult members of the club; teens have joined golf teams and have been awarded in regional and national tournaments, a 15 year old African American girl was the first person to get a hole in one on this challenging course.
- The outstanding story of a Mother of three, who works, takes college courses, and is building “Sweat Equity” to earn a Habitat for Humanity home. We’ll also meet the local Sponsor/Volunteers who work alongside the families.
- Children are taught to swim at the local YMCA and then learn to set sail along the beautiful Lake Michigan Coastline.
- HLTV will also inform the community on the numerous Health care services, prevention programs, tips on general wellness and importance of good health.
- Enjoy the miles of sugary sand beaches, water sports, excellent boating and fishing, and magnificent sunsets along Southwestern Michigan’s pristine coastline.
- Travel along Southwest Michigan’s fruit growing region with miles of orchards, U pick farms, and old fashioned roadside stands where you are still invited to simply “leave your money in the box” after you’ve chosen your farm fresh produce.
- Discover and enjoy the Wine Country in the gently rolling southwestern Michigan hills which is one of the best wine producing climates in North America.
- Harbor Lights will also highlight the cultural, family oriented activities, various sports and natural year around beauty found throughout Southwestern Michigan.
- These are the types of stories that Harbor Lights TV will tell with the mission of informing citizens of the opportunities, encouraging them to participate and downright bragging about our great region and the successes achieved.
For more information, go to www.HarborLightsTV.com.
Update: Beginning August 31, episodes will begin airing Fridays at 6:00 pm and repeat Saturdays at 4:30 pm Eastern Time.