- 8 duck breasts (fat on)
- 1oz fresh basil
- fresh pasta (see recipe below)
- carbonara sauce (see recipe below)
- snap peas or snap pea micro greens
- kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- 4oz semolina
- 4oz duram
- 2-3 egg yolks
- 8 drops lemon extract or oil
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 12 egg yolks
- 1/2 pound microplane parmigiano reggiano
Saute duck by rendering in its own fat (cook to desired temp). If duck starts to darken feel free to finish in the oven at four hundred (400). Cook fresh pasta in salted boiling water for a few minutes or until tender. Saute pancetta. Let pan cool slightly or deglaze with white wine. Add carbonara sauce and basil and remove from heat. Then top with freshly sautéed snap peas or micros. Serves eight (8) guests.
What do you think? Leave your comments below or you can go back home.