- Homemade Crust or Bova Bakery Italian Herb Pizza Crust
- 6 strips of bacon cut in 1/4” pieces
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 trays of cleaned and sliced "wild" varieties of mushrooms such as shiitaki, maitaki, hon or buna shemeiji, royal trumpet, or oyster
- 1 cup béchamel sauce with 1/4 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
- 20 large leaves of fresh basil (enough to cover the pizza crust)
- 1 fresh shallot thinly sliced
- 10-12 oz of white cheese such as fresh mozzarella, white cheddar, or other melting cheeses
- Fresh chopped herbs for garnish
Preheat oven to four hundred (400) degrees. Place the crust on a pizza pan and bake for five (5) minutes (twelve if a homemade crust). In a large frying pan, cook the bacon until three quarters (3/4) done. Add olive oil and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are cooked. Drain mushroom mix on paper towels. Layer basil on top of crust. Spread béchamel sauce on basil. Add mushrooms and then shallots on top of sauce and then top everything with cheese. Bake for ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve hot. Makes eight (8) slices.
What do you think? Leave your comments below or you can go back home.