Directions For Waffles
Preheat waffle iron. Then, in a bowl, combine the following:
- 4 egg yolks (save the whites)
- 2 cups buttermilk (shake the carton before measuring)
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin (canned is fine)
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
Then sift over top:
- 2, 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
Mix all together and then stir in four egg whites (beaten to soft peaks). Gently fold in. Then load the waffle iron as per your iron's directions and bake. If you are making the whole batch, you can hold them in a warm oven (200) until all are ready to serve. It makes nine (9), seven-inch (7") waffles.
Apple Topping Directions
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 5 cups peeled and sliced apples
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
- sprinkle of chopped pecans (optional)
(This can be made ahead and warmed in microwave.) In a saute pan, over medium heat, warm butter. When it's melted, add the apples. Cook for about five (5) minutes until apples are softening. Then add the apple cider mixed with the corn starch and allspice. Coko on low simmer until sauce thickens, which will be about five (5) minutes.
Serve warm over waffles with a sprinkle of chopped pecans.
What do you think? Leave your comments below or you can go back home.