- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into thirds
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded
- 2 scallions (separate the green part from the white bulbs
- 1lb tomatillos, husks removed and cut into quarters
- 1 small green bell pepper, halved, seeded, and cut into quarters
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved and seeded
- fresh cilantro
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 sea salt
- fresh black pepper
Take one third of the cucumber and cut it into thin slices. Stack the slices and cut them into thin strips; line the strips up, and cut them into a small dice. Add the diced cucumber to a bowl. Slice the red bell pepper into thin strips and cut the strips (as you did with the cucumber) into a small dice. Add them to the bowl with the cucumber, Chop the green part of the scallions and add them to the diced vegetables; set aside.
In a blender add the tomatillos, the remaining cucumber, the green bell pepper, the jalapeno, a handful of fresh cilantro the garlic clove and the scallion bulbs. Pour on the extra-virgin olive oil, the vegetable broth and the lime juice. Season with the sea salt and fresh black pepper. Blend until smooth, and serve chilled in individual bowls. Garnish with a spoonful of the chopped veggies.