Our Town Syracuse

Syracuse is the location of Lake Syracuse and the nearby, larger Lake Wawasee, in addition to several other lakes in the region. The National Weather Service operates a Weather Forecast Office in the town.

Airdate: August 28th, 2017 @ 8pm and 9:30pm

Meet The Videographers


  • Captain Scott Albon Topic: S.S. Lillypad
  • Doug Anderson Topic: 4th of July Celebration
  • Pat Appenzeller Topic: Harkless Mier Automobile
  • Chris Bales Topic: Bales Butcher Shop
  • Jim Beck Topic: Spink - Wawasee Hotel
  • Tammy Cotton Topic: Chautauqua Wawasee
  • Eileen Cripe Topic: Four seasons on the water
  • Kyle Dukes Topic: Daddy Daughter Dance
  • Rick Lemberg & Bob Fanning Topic: Ice Sailing
  • James Fick Topic: The Crow's Nest
  • Joan Szynal & Heather Harwood Topic: Wawasee Area Conservancy Foundation
  • Bev Hiatt Topic: Music in churches
  • Tim Hiatt Topic: Pickwick Theater
  • Grace & Hunter Horan Topic: Kayaking the lake
  • Luke Knecht Topic: Wawasee Wooden Boats
  • Greg Long Topic: Winter Carnival
  • Tyler McClead Topic: Mudtastic Classic Run
  • Megan McClellan Topic: Tour des Lakes
  • Mike Mock Topic: A Wawasee Novelty
  • Teddy Pieper & Vietmy Montgomery Topic: Syracuse Skate Park
  • Nancy Nelson Topic: W.E. Long
  • Dr. Rex Parent Topic: Oakwood Resort
  • Garry Ringler Topic: Postcards from Syracuse
  • Martha Stoelting Topic: Splitting the Lake
  • Dick Tillman Topic: Sailboat Racing
  • Jim Tranter Topic: Eli Lilly
  • Justin & Emily Traycoff Topic: Westmain Tavern

Gallery


A Little About Syracuse


The Location

Syracuse is a town in Turkey Creek Township, Kosciusko County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. The population was 2,810 at the 2010 census.

Syracuse is the location of Lake Syracuse and the nearby, larger Lake Wawasee, in addition to several other lakes in the region. The National Weather Service operates a Weather Forecast Office in the town.


The History

Syracuse was laid out in 1837. It was likely named after the city of Syracuse, New York. The Syracuse post office was established in 1837.