The stories of people linked by a family recipe.
Lana'i - Venison
Anela Evans travels from the hunting grounds of Lana'i Island to the Merrie Monarch Festival. (30 minutes)
Schedule Channel Audio HD WNIT InFocus 34.2 Stereo
Have questions or concerns about this program's schedule? Contact us.
Available Online Episodes
- California – Pipi Kaula - Trace the origins of Hawaiian cowboys who made tender beef jerky called pipi kaula.
- Hawai'i - Poi - One of the most famous Hawaiian dish is the one that is most misunderstood.
- Japan – Miso Soup - In Japan, miso factories are like microbreweries in America.
- Okinawa - Soki Soba - See how Okinawan soba is different from Japanese soba.
- Puerto Rico – Arroz con Gandules - Puerto Rican pride thrives in Hawai’i! Chef Ed meets up with entertainer Tiara Hernandez.
- S2 Ep1: California - Jack Johnson reveals the influence his father had on him and shares those memories.
- S2 Ep2: Philippines - Sheldon Simeon finds it easy to shine the light on traditional Filipino dishes.
- S2 Ep3: Wisconsin - Valerie Kaneshiro was raised on the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe reservation in Wisconsin.
- S2 Ep4: Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City - Andrew Le travels to Vietnam to connect with his family roots.
- S2 Ep5: Vietnam, Hanoi - We continue our journey in Vietnam by visiting a historical village for the Le family.
- S2 Ep6: Lana'i - Anela Marie Kawehikulaonalani Evans shares the love and respect she has for her island.
- Tahiti - Poisson Cru - Witness a family moment to remember and a dish never to forget.