This Month At A Glance
Click on any of the programs below to learn more information. All times are marked in Eastern Time.
- Legends of Michiana: Congregation of Holy Cross - Thursday, October 1 at 7pm
- Harbor Lights - Thursdays at 7pm & Sundays at 9:30am
- American Graduate Day: Let's Make It Happen - 34.2 Only) - Saturday, October 3 at 11am
- Masterpiece: Home Fires - Sundays at 8pm
- Masterpiece: Indiana Summers - Sundays at 9pm
- The Widower - Sundays at 10pm
- I'll Have What Phil's Having - Mondays at 10pm
- Gorongosa Park: Rebirth of Paradise - Tuesday, October 16 at 8pm - Battle Lines/Roaring Back
- Unity: The Latin Tribute to Michael Jackson - Friday, October 9 at 9pm
- Thomas and Friends: Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure - Monday, October 12 & Friday, October 16 at 1:30pm
- Secrets of the Dead - Tuesday, October 12 & 26 at 9pm
- The Brain with David Eagleman - Wednesday, October 14, 21 & 28 at 10pm
- Live From Lincoln Center - Friday, October 16 & 30 at 10pm
- The Bloody Irish! Songs of the 1916 Uprising - Saturday, October 17 at 8pm
- Eric Clapton: Slowhand at 70 Live at Royal Albert Hall - Saturday, October 17 at 10pm
- American Experience - Tuesday, October 20 & 27 at 8pm
- Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest - Monday, October 26, Wednesday, October 28 & Friday October 30 at 8am & 3pm
- Great Performances: Billy Elliot the Musical - Friday, October 23 at 9pm
Legends of Michiana: Congregation of Holy Cross
The Congregation of Holy Cross' mission has been "to make God known, loved, and served, and thus save souls." Now, WNIT is telling their story by taking viewers back in time to Reverend Basil Moreau's vision of creating an organization that would endeavor to help those in need as well as educate and improve the lives of people all over the world.
Harbor Lights TV is a television series in magazine format created, produced and hosted by Dawn Yarbrough featuring positive stories about the interesting projects, people, places, and events of communities throughout Southwestern Michigan.
American Graduate Day: Let's Make It Happen - 34.2 Only)
"American Graduate: Let's Make It Happen" is a public media initiative - supported by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting - to help students stay on the path to on-time high school graduation and future success. This full-day broadcast and outreach event is dedicated to engaging our country around the dropout crisis with special celebrity guests, relevant spokespeople and compelling stories from the students themselves.
Masterpiece: Home Fires
Witness the bitter rivalry between Samantha Bond ("Downton Abbey") and Francesca Annis ("Reckless") to control the Women's Institute in a rural English town as it struggles with the onset of World War II.
Masterpiece: Indiana Summers
This 9-part series explores the collision of the high-living English ruling class with the local people agitating for Indian independence. As the drama unfolds, the two sides alternately clash and merge in an intricate game of power, politics and passion.
Based on a chilling true story, The Widower tells how a seemingly mild-mannered male nurse, Malcolm Webster poisoned and murdered his first wife, attempted to do the same to his second wife, and further schemed to deceive his third fiance.
I'll Have What Phil's Having
Journey with Phil Rosenthal as he learns from the chefs, vendors, culinary leaders and style-setters who keep their communities' traditions alive and create new ones.
Gorongosa Park: Rebirth of Paradise
A new male lion bursts onto the Gorongosa scene, and a cold war for lion dominance of the floodplain begins. Bob resumes his search for the Sungue Pride cubs that went missing. After many sleepless nights, he finally meets the park's new cubs - the future of lions in Gorongosa.
Unity: The Latin Tribute to Michael Jackson
Hear Latin-infused arrangements of iconic songs in this concert special hosted by Sheila E and featuring more than 100 musicians, such Latin superstars as Tito Nieves, Jon Secada and Obie Bermdez, and the mixing magic of Jackson's legendary engineer Bruce Swedien in the first ever Latin album salute to The King of Pop.
Thomas and Friends: Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure
Thomas races against Sailor John to find treasure from an old pirate ship.
Secrets of the Dead
The Brain with David Eagleman
Neuroscientist David Eagleman explores the human brain in an epic series that reveals the ultimate story of us, why we feel and think the things we do. This ambitious project blends science with innovative visual effects and compelling personal stories, and addresses some big questions.
Live From Lincoln Center
Live performances of opera, drama, music, and dance direct from the stages of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City into American homes, making the world's greatest artists accessible to a nationwide audience.
The Bloody Irish! Songs of the 1916 Uprising
Join a stellar cast in commemoration of the Dublin Easter Rising of 1916. This compelling piece of musical theatre portrays the rebellion of Irish men and women against 300 years of British rule, fueled by songs expressing their desire for freedom.
Eric Clapton: Slowhand at 70 Live at Royal Albert Hall
Eric Clapton returned to Royal Albert Hall on the occasion of his 70th birthday to play his hits from throughout his career. Believe it or not, it was his 200th performance at this amazing venue!
Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest
A Fun-Filled Halloween Adventure! Hang on to your hats and get ready for a spook-tacular good time with Curious George.
Great Performances: Billy Elliot the Musical
Featuring a rousing score by Sir Elton John, Billy Elliot takes place during North East England's contentious mining strike of 1984, and tells the inspirational story of a young boy's journey from the boxing ring to the ballet barre, where his life-changing passion for dance transforms his family along with his entire mining town community.