This Month At A Glance
Click on any of the programs below to learn more information. All times are marked in Eastern Time.
- Bing Crosby Rediscovered: American Masters - December 2 at 8pm; Sunday, December 7 at 7pm
- Rock Rewind 1965-1967 (My Music) - December 2 at 10pm; Saturday, December 6 at 2pm
- Best of 50s Pop (My Music) - Dec 3 @ 9:30pm; Dec 6 @ 7am; Dec 11 @ 8pm; Dec 13 @ 4pm
- A Farm Winter with Jerry Apps - December 4 at 8pm
- Victor Borge's Timeless Comedy - December 4 at 9:30pm; Saturday, December 6 at 4pm; Saturday, December 13 at 6pm; Sunday, December 14 at 4:30pm
- A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen - December 5 at 8pm
- 50 Years with Peter, Paul and Mary - December 6 at 4:30pm
- Holiday Handbells: The Raleigh Ringers - December 8 at 9pm
- Rickover: The Birth of Nuclear Power - December 9 at 8pm
- Classic Hollywood Musicals - December 10 at 8pm; December 13 at 12:30pm
- National Christmas Tree Lighting 2014 - December 11 at 10pm and Sunday, December 14 at 2pm
- Festival of Carols - December 16 at 10pm; December 18 at 8pm; December 21 at 2pm
- Peg + Cat+ Holidays - Wednesday, December 17 at 12pm; Friday, December 19 at 12pm
- Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas - December 17 at 3pm; December 25 at 3pm
- Chef's Life: Holiday Special - Thursday, December 18 at 10pm
- Purdue 80th Anniversary Christmas Show - December 19 at 9pm; December 21 at 6pm
- Penn High School Choir: Songs of the Season 2014 - December 19 at 10pm; December 21 at 7pm
- Silent Night - Sunday, December 21 at 3pm; Friday, December 26 at 9pm
- Elmo's Christmas Countdown - December 22-25 at 10am; December 25 at 2pm
- Call the Midwife Holiday Special - December 25 at 8pm; December 28 at 7:30pm
- A Christmas Carol: The Concert - December 25 at 9:30pm; December 28 at 6pm
- Vicious: Holiday Special - Sunday, December 28 at 11pm
- Live From Lincoln Center: Gershwin Celebration at the New York Philharmonic with Dianne Reeves - Wednesday, December 31 at 8pm
Bing Crosby Rediscovered: American Masters
Narrated by Stanley Tucci, this documentary reveals a man far more complex than his public persona by exploring his life and legend through never-before-seen footage and interviews with his immediate family and Tony Bennett.
Rock Rewind 1965-1967 (My Music)
Adam West hosts this newly assembled special with archival performances of hits that still resonate nearly half a century later. Reminisce with The Beach Boys, The Righteous Brothers, The Fifth Dimension and more!
Best of 50s Pop (My Music)
This Best Of special features the best acts of Magic Moments, Moments to Remember and 50s Pop Parade. Relive the smooth harmonies, joyful melodies and warm vocals of the top pop hits of the Fifties.
A Farm Winter with Jerry Apps
Enjoy the wit and wisdom of Jerry App as he shares warm winter memories of growing up on a farm with stories of long, cold winters that could be harrowing and dangerous but that also drew families closer together.
Victor Borge's Timeless Comedy
This new special features the legendary Victor Borge in his funniest and most memorable skits, a truly timeless collection which includes rare archival footage from the Borge family vault.
A Tribute to Bruce Springsteen
Recorded at 2013's MusiCares® Person of the Year benefit, this special features an all-star lineup performing Springsteen's biggest hits, including "Because the Night," "Born in the USA," "Born to Run," "Glory Days" and "Thunder Road."
50 Years with Peter, Paul and Mary
Celebrate the impact of the preeminent trio that brought folk music to America's mass audiences, featuring powerful, moving performances by Peter, Paul and Mary.
Holiday Handbells: The Raleigh Ringers
A one-hour special taken from The Raleigh Ringers' new video entitled "A December Tradition".
Rickover: The Birth of Nuclear Power
Admiral Hyman G. Rickover was a flamboyant maverick and a unique American hero who harnessed the fearsome power of the atom to drive the first nuclear-powered submarine, the USS Nautilus, on a trip under the polar ice pack resulting in one of the great adventure stories of the 1950s.
Classic Hollywood Musicals
Five classic Hollywood musicals - The Wizard of Oz, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Singin' in the Rain, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and Viva Las Vegas - will take you on a journey across the Golden Age of movie musicals.
National Christmas Tree Lighting 2014
For almost 90 years, the National Christmas Tree Lighting has been one our country's most important and longest-standing holiday, and national park, traditions, featuring A-list performers, special guests, and the First Family.
Festival of Carols
"The Festival of Carols" is part of a wonderful tradition of music at Goshen College integrating a wide variety of holiday music from traditional to non-traditional and around the world.
Peg + Cat+ Holidays
Join Peg & Cat as they celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah and counting to the number 100 in the first ever double-episode that brings lots of guest characters from previous episodes back together.
Curious George: A Very Monkey Christmas
Join George and The Man with The Yellow Hat as they try to figure out what to give each other for Christmas. Will they be able to find the answers before Christmas morning?
Chef's Life: Holiday Special
A Chef's Life brings viewers a special holiday treat as Vivian creates modern interpretations of family food traditions, including fudge, peanut brittle, and old-fashioned caramels.
Purdue 80th Anniversary Christmas Show
Sing along with the Purdue Musical Organization as they attempt to take audience members through the history of PMO, beginning with its conception in 1933.
Penn High School Choir: Songs of the Season 2014
Celebrate the holiday season with the Penn High School choir as their 325 members perform during their annual winter concert.
This opera recounts the true story of the World War I Christmas Eve truce when for one magical evening on December 24, 1914, French, German and Scottish soldiers laid down their arms and joined in a spontaneous celebration reflecting the peace, fellowship and humanity of the season.
Elmo's Christmas Countdown
Elmo, Abby Cadabby and their new friend Stiller the Elf (Ben Stiller) are counting down to Christmas, but when the boxes in the Christmas Counter-Downer go missing, Christmas may never come again!
Call the Midwife Holiday Special
In Poplar, Christmas 1958 is not just about the opening of presents, but also about the closing of deep wounds. Wartime trials are relived - and a new enemy confronted - before peace and love are restored to centre stage.
A Christmas Carol: The Concert
Enjoy the timeless story of Ebenezer Scrooge through glorious, memorable and irresistible new songs in this instant holiday classic. A Christmas Carol - The Concert has musical styles that range from classical and Broadway, to blues and gospel.
Vicious: Holiday Special
Freddie and Stuart host a holiday soiree in their small central London flat. Ash, their young upstairs neighbor, has volunteered to cook the meal, their feisty best friend Violet is up to her old tricks, and a wicked game of Truth or Dare brings up hidden truths -- and surprises as well.
Live From Lincoln Center: Gershwin Celebration at the New York Philharmonic with Dianne Reeves
Ring in the New Year with style and swagger, as jazz great Dianne Reeves and Broadway leading man Norm Lewis join the New York Philharmonic for a lush orchestral bounty of Gershwin classics, including his Cuban Overture, Catfish Row, and his own suite of music from Porgy and Bess.