This Month At A Glance
Click on any of the programs below to learn more information. All times are marked in Eastern Time.
- Earth's Natural Wonders - Wednesdays at 8pm
- The Brain With David Eagleman - Wednesdays at 10pm
- I'll Have What Phil's Having - Monday, November 2 at 10pm
- Iwo Jima - From Combat to Comrades - Tuesday, November 10 at 8pm
- Debt of Honor - Disabled Veterans in American History - Tuesday, November 10 at 9pm
- American Comandante - American Experience: - Tuesday, November 17 at 9pm
- Notre Dame Glee Club Centennial Celebration - Friday, November 20 at 9pm; Thursday, November 26 at 4pm
- Wild Kratts: A Creature Christmas - Wednesday, November 25, Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 at 7am & 3pm
- Nature Cat (Premiere) - Wednesday, November 25, Thursday, November 26 and Friday, November 27 at 7:45am & 3:30pm
- ISSMA State Marching Band Finals - Thursday, November 26; 2pm
- Great British Baking Show - Thursdays at 9pm
- Great Performances - Friday, November 6; 9pm & Friday, November 27; 9pm
- Alice's Restaurant 50th Anniversary Concert with Arlo Guthrie - Thursday, November 26 at 8pm
- Eric Clapton: Slowhand at 70 Live at Royal Albert Hall - Thursday, November 26 at 9:30pm
- Great Performances: Andrea Bocelli, Cinema - Friday, November 27 at 9pm
- On the Psychiatrist's Couch with Daniel Amen, M.D. - Saturday, November 28 at 11am
- Simon and Garfunkel: The Concert in Central Park - Saturday, November 28 at 8pm
- Songbook Standards: As Time Goes By (My Music) - Saturday, November 28 at 9pm
- Super Genes with Dr. Rudy Tanzi - Sunday, November 29 at 3pm
- Ken Burns: The Civil War - Sunday, November 29 at 6:30pm
- Alabama: Hymns & Gospel Favorites - Sunday, November 29 at 7:30pm
- A Salute to Downton Abbey - Sunday, November 29 at 9pm & 10:30pm
- Celtic Woman: Destiny - Monday, November 30 at 8pm
Earth's Natural Wonders
Explore the most extraordinary places on the planet in this three-part series. Visit six continents to learn how these natural wonders evolved and hear rarely told stories about the challenges their inhabitants face.
The Brain With David Eagleman
I'll Have What Phil's Having
Tag along as Phil invites his LA friends, such as Martin Short and Allison Janney, to his favorite spots around the city, including the city's oldest farmers' market. A taco truck crawl and visits to special LA kitchens and bakeries complete the tour.
Iwo Jima - From Combat to Comrades
Follow survivors of perhaps the fiercest battle of WWII as they return to Iwo Jima for a Reunion of Honor on the only battlefield where former enemies come together in shared remembrance. Hosted by Ryan Phillippe.
Debt of Honor - Disabled Veterans in American History
Take an unflinching look at the reality of warfare and disability through interviews with prominent disabled veterans, including Representative Tammy Duckworth, former Georgia Senator Max Cleland and former Commander of Fort Belvoir, Gregory Gadson.
American Comandante - American Experience:
Meet William Morgan, the larger-than-life American who rose to power in Cuba during the revolution. His life had it all - adventure and romance, mobsters and spies, and a cast of characters including J. Edgar Hoover, Che Guevara and Fidel Castro.
Notre Dame Glee Club Centennial Celebration
Join the Notre Dame Glee Club as it celebrates its 100th birthday with up to 500 Notre Dame Glee Club alumni from the 1940s to the present joining the current group for a musical celebration of the ultimate Glee Club experience. This gala performance of Glee Club favorites features old and new interspersed with vintage images, audio, and video -- it's sure to be a magical evening for the entire family.
Wild Kratts: A Creature Christmas
The Wild Kratts receive an alert that their favorite creatures are disappearing around the globe. Will they be able to travel to the ends of the earth and return their baby animal friends to their homes in time for the holidays?
Nature Cat (Premiere)
Nature Cat follows Fred, a house cat who dreams of exploring the great outdoors. In each episode, once his family leaves for the day, Fred transforms into Nature Cat, "backyard explorer extraordinaire."
ISSMA State Marching Band Finals
Revisit the 2015 ISSMA State Marching Band Finals as local high schools compete against the best high schools in Indiana hoping to be crowned "the best band in the State."
Great British Baking Show
Alice's Restaurant 50th Anniversary Concert with Arlo Guthrie
For the first time in a decade, folk icon Arlo Guthrie brings The Alice's Restaurant Massacree in its entirety to the stage. The program airs on the 50th anniversary of Guthrie's arrest for littering.
Eric Clapton: Slowhand at 70 Live at Royal Albert Hall
Celebrate the legendary guitarist's 70th birthday with this concert in London's iconic Royal Albert Hall, featuring Clapton classics including "Wonderful Tonight," "Layla" and "Tears in Heaven."
Great Performances: Andrea Bocelli, Cinema
From the internationally famous Dolby Theater in the heart of Hollywood, Andrea Bocelli pays musical tribute to the silver screen in a lush concert of beloved songs from the movies. Joined by Grammy-winning producer David Foster, the renowned tenor performs memorable favorites from blockbuster classics including The Godfather, Scent of a Woman, Dr. Zhivago, Once Upon a Time in America, Breakfast at Tiffany's and many more.
On the Psychiatrist's Couch with Daniel Amen, M.D.
The Washington Post wrote that by almost any measure Dr. Daniel Amen is the most popular psychiatrist in America. He is a double board certified psychiatrist, who has written 10 New York Times bestselling books, including the mega-bestseller Change Your Brain, Change Your Life. If you could spend a day on his couch what would you learn so that you could feel happier, healthier, more focused and more connected to those you love.
Simon and Garfunkel: The Concert in Central Park
Join the iconic duo and the more 500,000 fans who came out for this once-in-a-lifetime 1981 benefit concert for the world's most famous urban park. The concert features the pair's greatest hits, from "Mrs. Robinson" to "Sounds of Silence."
Songbook Standards: As Time Goes By (My Music)
Join host Jack Jones for a nostalgic hit parade of best-loved songs from the 1950s & 1960s. This all-star special features rare footage of Johnny Mathis, Steve Lawrence & Eydie Gorme, Rosemary Clooney, Nat King Cole, Patti Page, Perry Como and more.
Super Genes with Dr. Rudy Tanzi
Join Dr. Rudy Tanzi, a leading genetic researcher and author, to explore how we might shape our genetic future through self-directed biological transformation.
Ken Burns: The Civil War
Celebrate the 25th anniversary of the landmark series in September 2015 with this in-depth overview of the iconic documentary. See video clips and interviews with Ken Burns, Geoffrey Ward, Ric Burns, Buddy Squires and others. Award-winning actor Sam Waterston, who provided the voice of President Lincoln in the original series, hosts.
Alabama: Hymns & Gospel Favorites
One of the most acclaimed country bands of all time, Alabama celebrate their love for gospel music in this collection of songs of faith including "Church in the Wildwood," "I'll Fly Away," "The Old Rugged Cross" and the new "Angels Among Us." Although they typically perform in large arenas, Randy, Teddy and Jeff gather friends and family for an intimate concert at home.
A Salute to Downton Abbey
Join host Hugh Bonneville to recall the high points of the series storyline and its memorable cast of characters. Watch interviews with Julian Fellowes, Gareth Neame and the cast, clips from previous seasons and tantalizing previews of season six.
Celtic Woman: Destiny
Tune in for information on ticket packages to the May, 2016 concert in South Bend! Enjoy more musical enchantment from Ireland's famed singing group, filmed in Dublin's spectacular 200-year-old Round Room at the Mansion House. Hear new material along with fresh arrangements of their most spellbinding songs.