Secrets of the Dead
Scientists seek to uncover celebrated mysteries of the past in this occasional British series.
Death on the Railroad
An investigation into the 1832 deaths of 57 Irish laborers who were laying railroad tracks in Pennsylvania. Cholera was blamed at the time, but modern forensic science sheds light on what really happened. (56 minutes)
Schedule Channel Audio HD WNIT HDTV 34.1 Stereo HD
Have questions or concerns about this program's schedule? Contact us.
Available Online Episodes
- JFK & LBJ: A Time for Greatness - In many ways, President Lyndon B. Johnson was the most unlikely champion of Civil Rights.
- S13 Ep4: The Lost Gardens of Babylon - Uncovers Clues to the Site of the Most Elusive of the Ancient Wonders of the World
- S15 Ep1: Vampire Legend - Follow scientists as they uncover the true origins of modern vampire lore
- S4 Ep2: Killer Flu - Where did this particular flu strain come from, and what made it so deadly?
- S5 Ep1: The Hunt for Nazi Scientists - Allied agents engage in a race to capture the elite of Germany's scientific community
- S5 Ep2: Gangland Graveyard - Delve into the world of the Mafia through the insight of the real life Donnie Brasco
- S5 Ep4: The Sinking of the Andrea Doria - See testimonies and footage of the accident that ended the era of luxury cruise liners
- S7 Ep1: Aztec Massacre - 400 skeletons are found in Zultapec. Who were the victims and why were they killed?
- S7 Ep2: Escape from Auschwitz - Two Auschwitz prisoners were determined to expose the horrors of the Nazi genocide
Episodes available on passport:
- After Stonehenge - Explore the charred remains of a 3,000-year old English settlement
- Bugging Hitler’s Soldiers - Watch the full episode of Secrets of the Dead: Bugging Hitler’s Soldiers
- Cleopatra’s Lost Tomb - Discover whether an amateur archaeologist’s theory leads to the lost tomb of Cleopatra
- Graveyard of the Giant Beasts - Follow scientists trying to determine which giant animal was the apex predator
- Jamestown’s Dark Winter - Discover the truth about the first permanent English colony in the New World
- JFK: One PM Central Standard Time - THIRTEEN Recounts Walter Cronkite’s Iconic News Coverage of the JFK Assassination
- S10 Ep1: Churchill's Deadly Decision - Explore the dark side of Britain's fight against the Nazis
- S10 Ep2: Deadliest Battle - Uncover new evidence that described a forced retreat during the Battle of Stalingrad
- S10 Ep3: The Silver Pharaoh - Watch the full episode and discover the royal tomb of Pharaoh Psusennes I
- S10 Ep4: Slave Ship Mutiny - Watch the full episode and discover the fate of the slave ship Meermin
- S11 Ep1: Lost Ships of Rome - Watch the full episode and investigate ancient Roman shipwrecks
- S11 Ep2: Lost in the Amazon - Watch the full episode and discover the fate of famed adventurer Col. Percy Fawcett
- S11 Ep3: China's Terracotta Warriors - Watch the full episode of China's Terracotta Warriors
- S11 Ep4: The World's Biggest Bomb - Watch the full episode of Secrets of the Dead: The World's Biggest Bomb.
- S12 Ep3: Death on the Railroad - Find out how and why 57 Irish immigrants to the U.S. died in 1832.
- S12 Ep4: Caveman Cold Case - Journey to Spain to investigate a double Neanderthal mystery.
- S12 Ep6: Bones of the Buddha - Watch the full episode of Secrets of the Dead: Bones of the Buddha.
- S13 Ep2: The Lost Diary of Dr. Livingstone - Examine new forensic techniques being used to study the famed explorers lost diary.
- S13 Ep6: Resurrecting Richard III - Follow scientists who are testing the bones of King Richard III, unearthed in 2011
- S14 Ep15: The Real Trojan Horse - Uncover evidence that could explain how ancient Greeks got inside the walls of Troy
- S14 Ep1: Ben Franklin's Bones - Learn why Franklin held human skeletal remains in the basement of his British residence.
- S5 Ep3: Voyage of the Courtesans - Follow the racuous journey of the 18th century women who settled Australia
- S6 Ep3: Herculaneum Uncovered - Discover the fabled city of Herculaneum destroyed by Mt. Vesuvius 2,000 years ago
- S6 Ep5: Irish Escape - See the heroic escape story of Irish political prisoners, the Fremantle Six
- S8 Ep1: Doping for Gold - Investigate one of the most alarming cover-ups in the history of the Olympic Games
- S8 Ep2: Sinking Atlantis - Uncover history-changing evidence of what happened to the ancient Minoans
- S8 Ep3: Executed in Error - Investigators have re-opened the files on one of the crimes of the century
- S8 Ep4: Blackbeard's Lost Ship - Has an archaeology team discovered Blackbeard's sunken flagship, Queen Anne's Revenge?
- S9 Ep1: Michelangelo Revealed - Art historians investigate strange inconsistencies in Michelangelo's famous Moses
- S9 Ep2: The Airmen and the Headhunters - Uncovers a WWII survivor tale of US soldiers lost in Borneo and their unlikely rescuers
- S9 Ep3: Mumbai Massacre - Retrace the harrowing hours of the tragic 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks. NOTE: Graphic...
- S9 Ep4: Japanese SuperSub - Recount Japan's superior submarine technology combining tactical advantages of sea and sky
- Teotihuacán’s Lost Kings - Follow scientists as they explore tombs beneath an ancient Mexican city.
- The Alcatraz Escape - Scientists investigate whether surviving an escape from Alcatraz prison was possible.
- The Man Who Saved the World - Watch the full episode of The Man Who Saved the World
- Ultimate Tut - Watch the full episode of Secrets of the Dead: Ultimate Tut.
- Van Gogh’s Ear - What did Vincent Van Gogh really do on the night of December 23, 1888?
Already activated your WNIT Passport account? Log In Here