Video of the restored fountain on display at night.
On July 21, 1906, J.M. Studebaker gifted the city of South Bend a 28 foot electric fountain which stood for 35 years. The fountain fell into disrepair and was dismantled in 1941. Original pieces of the Studebaker fountain resurfaced in 2009 when a local family donated the items to The History Museum.
The fountain was originally located in Howard Park, South Bend's oldest park. Today it stands in Leeper Park, the city's only park designated as a historic landmark. The fountain's rebirth celebrates the Studebaker legacy as well as our history steeped in innovation.