Any organization that wants to be notified of job openings at the station may contact the station by phone at 574.675.9648 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. WNIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Philanthropic Gifts Officer
WNIT Public Television seeks a proven leader in increasing philanthropic gifts. Position will serve as the primary relationship manager with assigned donors. The Philanthropic Gifts Officer will report directly to the Vice President of Development and work closely with VP to create and implement strategies to grow individual giving, including planned giving and sustained giving programs. The position will help oversee events and activities for major donors. College degree preferred with 5-8 years of fundraising experience. Will consider both full and part-time applicants for this position; please specify on your cover letter.
Apply by sending a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: WNIT Public Television, Attn: Steve Funk, Search Committee, PO Box 7034, South Bend, IN 46634-7034. Please mention where you saw this position posted. WNIT is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Develop strategy and manage all aspects of major, planned and capital giving through cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of existing and prospective donors.
- Create and implement individual, private foundation, and corporate major gifts and planned gift strategies in collaboration with the Vice President of Development.
- Act as primary relationship manager with assigned donors.
- Manage relationship process for individual, private foundation, and corporate major donors including prospect development, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Plan and implement funding campaigns, events and activities for major gift donors
- Establish relationships with estate planners.
- Identify and cultivate donors capable of higher giving levels, moving mid-level gifts to major gifts.
- Plan and execute major gift materials, including proposals, stewardship materials, and recognition.
- Monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity to achieve revenue goals
- Report relationship management activity using constituent management system including identification, qualification, cultivation activity, solicitation and stewardship of prospective and current major donors
- Assist with other responsibilities as assigned
Education: College degree preferred or equivalent experience. CFRE designation desirable.
Skills and Experience: 5-8 years fundraising experience. Knowledge of trends in major giving, familiarity with local/regional donors and foundations, and strong oral and written communication skills desired. Ability to serve as ambassador of the station to communicate with all levels of people.
Classification: Full or part-time, Non-Exempt
Many student opportunities are available through volunteer and internship positions with training provided.
WNIT Public Television is offering production internships to qualified student applicants. This two stage program offers development of real world, hands-on skills. Students will gain knowledge in the areas of studio and field production, operations, and project management. Stage one focuses on introductory technical skills. Stage two introduces students to advanced technical aspects and producing projects.
Candidates must be reliable, professional, and express a desire to learn. Prior experience is not required. Must have transportation and be available for live productions as scheduled.
Areas of knowledge to be explored include but are not limited to:
- studio and field camera operation
- floor directing and talent preparation
- audio console operation
- character generator operation
- technical directing
- non-linear editing
- project management and producing
Opportunities are based on current production timelines and work loads during the internship period. Internships are offered year round. Depending on the season(s), your involvement in the areas covered will fluctuate. For the most comprehensive experience in all areas offered, WNIT encourages all applicants to be involved for a two year term.
For more information contact:Brenda Bowyer, Senior Producer
WNIT Public Television
300 West Jefferson Boulevard, South Bend, Indiana 46601
P.O. Box 7034, South Bend, IN 46634-7034