About this SegmentThe Work Ethic Certificate: Elkhart Central High School
Across the Michiana area schools are taking part in a new initiative that recognizes students for their commitment to their work in the classroom and in the community. As part of the Governor's Work Ethic Certificate Program, students are given this award if they can prove that they have employable skills that local employers are looking for. This Criteria includes having limited absences from school, getting good grades, and being involved with the community.
This week we took a look at some Elkhart Central High School students who have been awarded the certificate and one local employer's response to the new initiative.
For additional information:
- Kharyzma WilliamsStudentElkhart Central High School
- Carson WellsStudentElkhart Central High School
- Samuel RitoStudentElkhart Central High School
- Chris FitzgeraldAssociate DirectorDepartment of Workforce Development- The Youth Initiatives Team
- Levon JohnsonPresident & CEOGreater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce
- Lori StangerDirector of Human ResourcesKem Krest
- Sam AndersonInternKem Krest