Mental Health And Wellness
About The Program
With the drastically altered “new normal” facing area residents during the COVID-19 outbreak, WNIT - PBS Michiana will air a multi-part special focusing on mental health and wellness during the crisis.
- Dr. Anthony Beradi, Ph.D., H.S.P.P
- Dr. Jeffery Burnett, Ph.D.
- Rebecca Unternaher. LCSW
AboutThe normal lifestyle of many students and families has hit a pause button. We continue our discussion on mental health and wellness and how students and families can find ways to cope with their new normals. In part 3 of the series, we hear from students who are feeling some ofthe effects of the coronavirus and how covid-19 has affected their lives in different ways.
- Dr. Larissa Chism Buggs, A Board-certified Forensic And Adult Psychiatrist
- Tony Garascia, A Licensed Clinical Social Worker And Mental Health Counselor
- Dr. Margaret Ann Jessop, A Child And Adult Psychologist
There is still a tremendous amount of uncertainty in our lives right now in light of COVID-19. While some business are closing for good others are having bringing their employees back to work. Individual states are deciding what to reopen and how, families are still trying to find their rhythm, and this is creating a whole new level of stress and anxiety.
In part 4 of this series, viewers sent us questions concerning mental health during this time. And our medical health experts took the opportunity to answer some of those questions.
- Dr. Larissa Chism Buggs, A Board-certified Forensic And Adult Psychiatrist.
- Tony Garascia, A Licensed Clinical Social Worker And Mental Health Counselor.
- Dr. Margaret Ann Jessop, A Child And Adult Psychologist.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- Employee Assistance Program Information (PDF Download)
- Mindfulness Practice Virtual Hug: Your Body is Looking out for You
A full schedule of air dates and times follows:
- Part 1: April 24th @ 7:30pm and April 27th @ 5:00pm
- Part 2: May 1st @ 7:30pm, May 4th 5:00pm
- Part 3: May 8th @ 7:30pm, May 11th 5:00pm
- Part 4: May 15th @ 7:30pm, May 18th 5:00pm