About this SegmentJunior Chefs of South Bend
There is an innovative after school program at Jackson Middle School in South Bend. Students learn kitchen skills, safety and the art of cooking and are able to take ingredients home to prepare meals for their families. Junior Chefs are paired with senior chef mentors and learn how to follow recipes, make nutrition meals and gain confidence in the kitchen as well as the social skills of eating dinner together.
- Beckie HernandezDirector of Junior Chefs of South BendJackson Middle School
- Diana ThompsonPastor of First Baptist Church of South BendJackon Middle School
- Michelle FowlerStudentJackson Middle School
- Amando WilliamsStudentJackson Middle School
- Joseph PecherStudentJackson Middle School
- First Baptist Church of South Bend
- Cooking with Kids
- Kitchen Math
- Math Skills Multiply in the Kitchen
- Hey Kids, Let's Cook!
- Ed Said
- Cookie Cravings: How to Read and Understand a Recipe
- Vegetable Soup: A Reverse Recipe