About this SegmentBooks and Boots
Books and Boots is a partnership between the Elkhart Public Library and Elkhart County Parks. The featured book is for children ages 9 - 12 but the entire family is encouraged to read and participate. Families join in the discussion at Ox Bow Park before heading out on a nature hike related to the book.
For additional information:
- Benefits of Reading a Book about Nature to Your Kids
- Turning the Tide: 13 New Books to Get Kids Reading and Exploring Nature
- Explore Nature - Science Education Resources
- Exploring Nature with Your Five Senses
- 7 Ways to Connect Young Students to Nature