- 2 Tbsp. Country Crock Margarine or olive oil
- 1/2 c. chopped leeks (spring ramps would be great also)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6-8 oz or 2-3 trays of mixed sliced wild type mushrooms
- ½ lb of spinach, cleaned and patted dry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pie crust rolled out about 10-11 inches (pre-made is fine)
- 4-6 oz of chevre or a soft goat cheese
- 2 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pie crust on pizza pan that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
In a saucepan over medium heat, and saute leeks in olive oil about 1 minute. Add in garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms start to soften and onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Meanwhile, put egg, cheeses, and pepper, and nutmeg into a large mixing bowl and stir. Add spinach to mushroom pan and toss till wilted. Add the spinach/mushroom mix to the cheese mixture and stir till mixed. Salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the mixture on top of pie crust, leaving a two-inch border around the edge. Fold edges of pie crust in over the filling to form a border.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before serving