Acorn Squash with Wild Mushroom Cranberry Stuffing
- 2 acorn squash (halved and seeded)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c. broth (turkey, chicken, vegetarian)
- 4 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 trays wild-type mushrooms (shiitaki, maitaki, oyster) cleaned and sliced (about 3/4 to 1 lb)
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
Microwave squash (cover with plastic wrap) on high for twelve (12) minutes or until easily pierced with a fork, or bake thirty-to-forty (30-40) minutes at three hundred seventy-five (375) degrees covered with foil. Rinse cranberries. Saute onions, mushrooms, and sage in the butter until softened for about 5 minutes. Stir in breadcrumbs and saute until lightly browned. Mix in cranberries, broth, Parmesan cheese, and add salt and pepper to taste. Mound stuffing into the squash and bake at three hundred seventy-five (375) degrees until slightly browned on top about ten-to-fifteen (10-15) minutes. Serves 4.
What do you think? Leave your comments below or you can go back home.