Find avocados that give a little when you try to push your index finger into them. Plan for at least half an avocado per person (maybe a whole if that is the majority of your meal.) Cut avocados in half starting at the stem side and working your way around. Twist in half and remove pit if serving immediately; otherwise, the pit will keep the avocado from turning brown.) Sprinkling with fresh lemon juice will also preserve the color for a while.
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4-1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 - 1 cup Helmans mayo (depends how large your chicken breasts are)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash (original)
6 boiled and peeled eggs coarsely chopped. (Place raw eggs in water and bring to boil. Boil three (3) minutes and turn off heat. Let sit 11-14 minutes and peel immediately; otherwise you will have a green ring around the yolk.) Cool.
- Add 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion.
- 1/2 cup (or more depending on your preference) Helmans Mayo
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash (original)
- Pinch sugar
- Pinch salt
- Blue Corn Chips Salsa (if you would like)
- Black Beans
- Fresh Cilantro
- Fresh Lemon Wedges
- Fill avocado halves with filling of choice....enjoy!
Thai Lettuce Bar
- Green Leaf Lettuce Leaves - At least three per person
- Shredded carrots
- Green onion - sliced
- Red Cabbage - sliced thin
- Cooked and pulled chicken breast (approx 1/2 breast per person)
- Peanuts - roasted and salted (chopped)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Vermecielli rice Noodles (see recipe below)
- Mae Plow sauce (or sweet garlic chili sauce of choice)
- Teriyaki sauce
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Peanut sauce
Recipe for Noodles
Bring water to boil and add 1 tsp tumeric and 1 tsp red chili powder (can be found at Indian or Asian Markets.) Place vermecielli noodles and boil until soft (approx 3-5 minutes.) Drain and rinse (will become light yellow in color.) While still warm, add one (1) can of unsweetened coconut milk and 1/4 cup red curry paste to noodles. Add sugar and salt to taste. Let cool.
Let guests take a lettuce leaf and place as many items as they wish onto it, roll up and enjoy!
What do you think? Leave your comments below or you can go back home.