- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb pork sausage (I use Turkey Italian Sausage)
- 1/2 lb cemini mushrooms
- 2 or 3 heirloom carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 15 oz. cans of white beans (garbanzo or northern)
- 2 cloves of peeled and minced garlic
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch of kale-leaves only (Tuscan style is best) chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese on top
Brown sausage, carrots, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil until the sausage is broken up and browned. Add beans. Stir and cook for 3 minutes. Add broth, bay leaf, and kale. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Serve in large bowls with grated Parmesan cheese on top. Serves 4.
What do you think? Leave your comments below or you can go back home.