- 1 quart of fresh Michigan strawberries, washed and halved
- 3-4 stalks of fresh rhubarb, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- Zest from 1/2 orange
- Orange juice from 1 orange (about 1/2 c.)
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2c. slivered almonds
- 1/2 c. quick-cooked type oatmeal
- 1 stick of cold salted butter or margarine cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to three hundred seventy-five (375) degrees. Mix the strawberries and rhubarb together with the sugar and zest. Combine orange juice and cornstarch mixing well and add to the fruit. Put into a pie plate. Mix topping ingredients together just enough so it forms small crumbles stuck together and sprinkle on top of the fruit mixture. Bake for forty-five (45) minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serves four (4) to six (6) people.
What do you think? Leave your comments below or you can go back home.