- 2 large cucumbers, quartered and sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 9 oz feta cheese, cut into large cubes
- 8 scallions, sliced diagonally
- 4 tbsp chopped fennel fronds, plus a few fronds extra, to garnish
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus a few sprigs extra, to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the sliced cucumber in a colander, sprinkle it with the salt and leave for 30 minutes to extract some of the juices.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, make a dressing with the olive oil and lemon juice, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat the cucumber dry with paper towels.
- In a salad bowl, mix together the cucumber, feta cheese, scallions, chopped fennel and mint.
- Add the dressing, toss, then taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
- Garnish with the fennel fronds and mint sprigs and serve.