- 6 small sweet potatoes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cast-Iron grill pan
- Peel the sweet potatoes and thinly slice them horizonally to a thickness of approx. 1/8 in. thick.
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, blanch the sweet potatoes for 1 minute, then drain and allow the slices to steam dry.
- Put the sweet potatoes into a bowl, add 4 tablespoons of olive oil and mix with your hands until the slices are well coated.
- Heat the grill over a high heat until it begins to smoke.
- Working in batches, grill the sweet potatoes on both sides until they are well charred, then place them in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, mix all the remaining ingredients together in a separate bowl and adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the grilled sweet potatoes and serve hot or cold.