Broccolini and Chicken
- 1 tray/bunch broccolini- with larger stems sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup of heirloom carrot- cut in round
- 1 lb. or so boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in 1/8 inch slices against the grain
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. margarine or olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves -minced
- 1 finger length piece of fresh ginger- peeled and sliced in 3 lengthwise
- 2 cups chicken broth
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.Toss the flour and chicken together till chicken is coated. Saute the chicken, garlic, and ginger together until chicken is browned on the outside and still a little pink. Add the chicken broth and stir to make a gravy. Add the broccolini and carrots and cover for five minutes or until veggies are crisp-tender. Remove the ginger slices and serve over white or brown rice. This is a quick recipe and the rice will take longer than the chicken and broccolini. Serves 3-4.
What do you think? Leave your comments below or you can go back home.