The scientific secrets behind historical landmarks are revealed through the use of 3D-laser scanning technology.
St. Paul's Cathedral
An examination of St. Paul's Cathedral in London, where Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer were married. Designed by 17th-century architect Christopher Wren, it features a majestic dome that is actually three domes in one. Included: how Wren overcame unstable foundations and structural forces to support the dome; and how the cathedral survived a direct hit by a German bomb during the London Blitz. (60 minutes)
Schedule Channel Audio HD WNIT InFocus 34.2 Stereo
Have questions or concerns about this program's schedule? Contact us.
Episodes available on passport:
- Colosseum - Learn engineering secrets of the ancient Roman arena.
- Egyptian Pyramids - Learn how the necropolis evolved from simple structures to impressive buildings.
- Jerusalem - Discover the hidden keys to the construction of Jerusalem’s engineering creations.
- Machu Picchu - Watch cutting-edge technology uncover construction secrets from this ancient Incan city.
- Petra - Uncover the construction secrets of an architectural wonderland lost for a century.
- St. Paul's Cathedral - Venture inside Wren’s majestic dome for revelations and insight into the masterpiece.
Already activated your WNIT Passport account? Log In Here